little miss messy hair

2004-10-21

shallow thoughts

have you ever looked at your list of 'recommendations' from amazon? have you ever clicked on the link 'why was i recommended this?' (i wish they would have said, "why was this recommended to me?" instead, but oh well). honestly, i cannot imagine how purchasing 'japanese for busy people' resulted in their recommendation for 'Star Trek The Original Series - The Complete First Season', but it did. i am also unsure how purchasing 'Art and Fear' and 'The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (Platinum Series Special Extended Edition Collector's Gift Set)' caused them to recommend the Logitech MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse, but there you have it.

3 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger PJ said...

I feel the same, Barb! I must not fit into these marketing ploys...I believe that in our quest for zero pop-ups, companies are finding other ways..ie- suggesting books that we would 'want'. Also, I feel the pharmacy ads are overwhelming on tv. Even the little 'pop-ups' telling us what is coming on next or next week are very annoying. I do feel for those of us that know what we want and aren't swayed are more sensitive (annoyed) to them. Can't seem to get away from them...even while trying to find a book on-line!

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny. I'm going to have to pay more attention to that on Amazon.

... or how about "why was this recommended"
VaxGirl

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Christina said...

You know it always recommends that I buy men's underwear!!!! What is that supposed to mean, especially when I'm looking for knitting books?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home