little miss messy hair

2004-10-13

last of the road trip pics

well, at least of the digital ones.

after driving through wyoming, i came down the mirror lake highway through the Uinta National Forest. it had been raining and snowing and was generally gorgeous out. Then i saw a little sign that i am surprised i hadn't noticed before. Right at the turnout for Lily lake was this sign:
can you believe it!


so, i flipped a U-ie and pulled off.
The lake is about 10, maybe 15 feet from the road, so quite a hike. the sun was starting to set and the clouds were full. lucky me.
here's what i got:
can you believe it!
can you believe it!
can you believe it!

2 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those of us who live in the land of pleasant little valleys are so envious. But I do have one big whopper of a lake nearby, so there!
sallyjo

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger PJ said...

Well, you did it again! Snagged me in by your pics. I just love your pictures..not only because of the location, but the quality. What kind of camara are you using? I love to look at picture blogs too (have you explored those?) but sometimes it's just pics and I have other interests. So when I read blogs with a mixture it's just a neat escape! Flaming gorge-been there numerous times I love it! I like that one little overlook by the campground! I certainly like the 'throwing' in of craft comments,too. Just some feedback... Love your blog :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home