little miss messy hair

2005-04-13

update on the chair series

it's been a little crazy lately. "it"? well, "i" is more accurate. the last few weeks i've been getting my chair portfolio ready (read scanned and printed on the art department's fancy inkjet printer) to submit for a call for entries within the salt lake city public library system. the deadline was April 10, but i did my last stint of scanning and orinting on April 9 and got them in that day. whew!

so no i am busy looking for more chairs and keeping my hopes low in regard to the exhibition. sure, it would be nice and i have a particular affection for my own pictures, but many people are likely to be like my mom and just look in puzzlement and ask, "why would you take pictures of chairs?"

anyway, if you want to see the pictures that made the portfolio for the submission, you can view them here.

i'll be posting more pics of chairs as i find them, but it may be a while as the photo lab is closing between semesters and i will not be able to develop my film. and no, the darkroom in sop's basement is still not happening :( . (soon, i hope)

3 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love them even more, now that they're all in one place.
You'll be accepted. Now go to sleep.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

I like the chairs. I am absolutely a 'photjournalistic' nut. I had to have a photojournalistic photographer for my wedding and I am glad I did!! The pictures are the best. They really capture those small details that are usually missed.

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Heide said...

I absolutely adore your chair photos. They're fabulous. I'm a lover of chairs, especially the mod Eames-y ones. Great work, lady!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home